How your dentist in Long Beach CA can help you get the best out of your dentures
Dentures are an investment you make in yourself and your smile. It’s only natural to want to get the best out of your dentures. You want your denture to last, to fit well, and to be comfortable. Your dentist can help.
Dr. Joseph DuRoss in Long Beach CA offers a comprehensive range of dental services, including a full line of dentures and other tooth replacement options. Talk to your Long Beach dentist today to learn more.
Taking Care of Your Dentures
Your denture should give you many years of excellent care if you remember to:
- Be careful how you handle your denture; try not to drop it, or bend the clasps or plastic.
- Remove your denture and rinse it with water to help get rid of food debris.
- Gently clean your mouth with a gauze or toothbrush after you remove your denture.
- Use denture cleanser at least once a day to thoroughly clean your denture.
- Don’t sleep in your denture; remove it and soak it in denture solution to keep it moist.
- Rinse your denture to remove all traces of the soaking solution before you place it in your mouth.
- Avoid using water that is too warm when you clean or rinse your denture. Hot or boiling water can change the shape and the fit of your denture
- Don’t ever use abrasive or harsh chemical agents on your denture and avoid using whitening products or products containing bleach.
- If you damage or break your denture, you can try to fix it temporarily with an over-the-counter repair kit, but it’s best to visit your Long Beach dentist.
Dentures can give you back your smile and enhance your life. Your smile is important to your self-esteem and self-confidence, and a denture can give you the smile you’ve been missing.
To find out more about tooth replacement with a denture and how to care for a denture, call Dr. Joseph DuRoss in Long Beach CA at (562) 424-8537. Call now!