Posts for tag: cosmetic dentistry
Our many cosmetic dentistry services can help you achieve the smile of your dreams. Procedures are available for addressing a wide range of cosmetic issues, such as a chipped tooth or excess spacing between teeth. Dr. Joseph DuRoss, the skilled dentist at our office in Long Beach, CA, can recommend cosmetic dentistry services for your specific smile concerns.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry in Long Beach offers many benefits, from giving you a smile makeover to boosting confidence. You might even find yourself wanting to smile more after the appearance of problem teeth has been improved with the right procedures. Some of the issues that can be corrected with our cosmetic dentistry services include:
- Crowded teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Cracked or chipped teeth
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Excess spacing between teeth
- Oddly-shaped teeth
- A gummy smile
Cosmetic Dentistry Services
We offer a wide range of cosmetic dentistry services at our office in Long Beach. Our knowledgeable dentist can recommend the right procedures to address your specific concerns and help you achieve the smile of your dreams. Examples of the cosmetic dentistry services we offer include:
- Bonding — A procedure for repairing teeth that are cracked or chipped.
- Porcelain Veneers — Thin laminate covers placed over the front surface of teeth to conceal imperfections, such as cracks, stains, or discolorations, and give teeth a flawless appearance.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings — Dental fillings for restoring teeth affected by decay that have an advantage over metal fillings since they blend in with the natural tooth.
- Dental Implants — A durable and permanent tooth-replacement option that restores your smile by filling in the gaps caused by tooth loss.
Our cosmetic dentistry services can give you the smile of your dreams. Whatever your specific concern, we have a procedure for correcting the issue. Dr. Joseph DuRoss can match you up with the right services to give you the smile you want. Schedule an appointment to learn more about your cosmetic dentistry options by calling our office in Long Beach, CA, at (562) 424-8537.
Rejuvenate your smile with cosmetic dentistry. Procedures are available for addressing a wide range of cosmetic concerns, such as repairing cracked or chipped teeth and brightening teeth that are dull or discolored. Our Long Beach cosmetic dentist Dr. Joseph DuRoss can recommend the right procedures for addressing your cosmetic concerns.
Bonding is a procedure for repairing cracked or chipped areas of teeth. It can be used to cover cracks or fill in chipped areas. A tooth-colored resin material is applied to the problem area. The resin bonds with the tooth as it dries. Once dry, the resin blends in and looks like part of the natural tooth. Bonding can also be used to cover stains and discolorations or to close small gaps between teeth.
Composite fillings can rejuvenate your smile in several ways. Composite fillings can be used as a tooth restoration if you have a cavity, and they can be color-matched to your teeth so they blend right in. Composite fillings can also be used to to improve the appearance of teeth that are discolored, badly shaped, or poorly aligned. Your dentist in Long Beach can help you decide if composite fillings are the right choice for you.
You can completely transform your smile by concealing imperfections with porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers are paper-thin covers placed over the front surface of teeth to create a flawless new look. Since porcelain closely resembles tooth enamel, veneers look completely natural once they are placed on the teeth. Porcelain veneers can be used to cover chips, cracks, stains, and discolorations. They can also be used to improve the appearance of teeth that are oddly shaped, as well as to close small gaps between teeth.
If you are not completely happy with your smile, rejuvenate it with cosmetic dentistry. A dentist can recommend the right procedures to help you improve your smile. To schedule an appointment with Dr. DuRoss, your Long Beach, CA, dentist, call the office at (562) 424-8537.
Dental bonding might just be able to fix those small imperfections in your smile.
If every time you look in the mirror and smile all you notice is that small gap between your front teeth, little discolorations or even cracks and chips, then you may be longing for a simple and easy way to fix this. This is when you should talk to our Long Beach, CA, dentist, Dr. Joseph DuRoss, about dental bonding.
What is dental bonding?
This technique uses a tooth-colored resin, which is applied over one or more areas of a tooth, molded into place and then hardened with a curing light. Dental bonding is a cosmetic treatment that is designed to change the appearance of one or more teeth to improve how your smile looks.
When is it used?
There are many times in which to consider getting dental bonding from our Long Beach, CA, cosmetic dentist including:
- To cover over chips and cracks
- To hide discolorations
- To fill gaps between teeth
- To lengthen a tooth
- To alter the shape of a tooth
- To fix a decayed tooth (this same resin can also be used to fill cavities)
What should I expect from the dental bonding procedure?
What makes this a popular option for many people looking to make a minor adjustment to their smile is that it’s non-invasive.
Once we determine that you are ideal for dental bonding, we will choose the proper shade of resin that will blend in with the tooth. Then we will apply a liquid over the tooth that will roughen up the surface so the resin sticks to the tooth more easily.
From there, we will apply the resin and then shape and trim it, as necessary. Once it’s the ideal shape, we will use the light to harden the bonding resin to your tooth. With a final polish your new smile is ready to be shown off!
If you are ready to chat about dental bonding and to find out if you are right for this treatment, then it’s time you called our Long Beach, CA, dental office and scheduled a consultation with us.
Unfortunately, your teeth are not stain-proof. Even those with the best oral care routines and dental habits cannot always avoid stain-causing elements in their diets or their teeth’s enamel becoming thinner as they age, allowing the yellow dentin layer to show through. Luckily, teeth whitening coupled with avoiding known stain-causers can keep your teeth white and bright for years to come. Learn more about which foods may stain your smile with Dr. Joseph DuRoss in Long Beach, CA.
Foods That Stain Your Smile
- Coffee: Coffee’s dark color is well-known for causing teeth staining. Try drinking your morning cup of joe all at once rather than sipping it throughout the day. Additionally, try consuming your coffee before you brush your teeth during your morning routine.
- Tobacco Use: Tobacco use is notoriously bad for your overall health. However, the smoke from cigarettes or dark color of chewing tobacco can quickly take a toll on the color of your smile. Quitting smoking now can help you improve your general health, decrease your risk of cancer and keep your teeth white.
- Berries: Darkly-pigmented berries like blackberries or blueberries can cause staining on your teeth. Consider what happens when berry juice falls onto your clothing. Stains which are very hard to get out of clothing are often also very hard to get out of your teeth.
- Curry: Curry is a spice used in many foods which has a strong, vibrant natural color. However, this color can cause your teeth to become yellowed.
- Soda: Soda, especially darkly-colored sodas like cola, can cause a double whammy of damage to your teeth. The color of the soda stains the teeth while the acids and sugars in the soda cause tooth decay.
- Sweets: While sugary sweet foods may not actually stain your teeth, they can break down the enamel and feed bacteria on the teeth which eventually turn into tooth decay. Decay causes brown spots called cavities and can lead to gum disease and even tooth loss.
Teeth Whitening in Long Beach, CA
Luckily, your dentist can help you keep your teeth white and reverse any stain-related damage which has already been done with a professional teeth whitening session. To learn more about teeth whitening and what it can do for your smile, please contact Dr. DuRoss at his practice in Long Beach, CA. Call (562) 424-8537 to schedule your appointment for a teeth whitening session today!
Teeth are one of the first things people notice in business and social situations. If your smile could use a little work, it's hard not to feel a little self-conscious whether you're at a business meeting or out on the town. Luckily, cosmetic dentistry treatments offer an easy way to improve your smile. Dr. Joseph DuRoss, your Long Beach, CA dentist, shares information about a few common cosmetic treatments.
White teeth not only look better, but can also make you appear a few years younger. Over-the-counter whitening kits may lighten your smile, but you'll have to use the products for weeks to notice a difference. When you want a whiter smile without the wait, it pays to visit your dentist. He uses professional-strength whitening agents that are stronger than those you'll find drugstore kits. Whitening will only take about an hour, and best of all, you'll enjoy whiter teeth for several years.
Veneers hide minor issues that make you want to stop smiling. These wafer-thin porcelain shells are attached to the fronts of your teeth only. They're an excellent choice if you want to conceal a discolored tooth, hide a crack or chip, or cover small spaces between teeth. Veneers also offer an excellent option if you're looking for a more long-lasting way to whiten your teeth.
Do you have one tooth that looks like it doesn't belong in your mouth? Maybe it's extremely pointy or noticeably crooked, or perhaps it's just a little too short. Crowns are the perfect answer to your problem. These dental restorations encase your teeth completely and provide coverage on all four sides.
A missing tooth not only affects your appearance, but also makes it hard to chew. Bridges replace missing teeth by suspending an artificial tooth or two between two crowns.
After you lose a tooth, you might wish you could just pop a new tooth in that empty socket. Thanks to dental technology, you can. Implants replace your tooth roots and fuse to your jawbone. The transformation is complete when your dentist adds a crown to the top of the implant.
Cosmetic dentistry can change your smile and your life. Call Dr. Joseph DuRoss, your Long Beach, CA dentist at (562) 424-8537 to schedule an appointment to learn which cosmetic procedure is right for your dental issue.