It is often said that dentists make the world a better place, one smile at a time! Dr. Joseph DuRoss has been a practicing dentist in Long Beach, CA, and providing quality aesthetic dentistry to the community for over 40 years.
How often should you visit the dentist?
We all know that we need to visit the dentist regularly. The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends regular dental checkups because good oral hygiene will prevent complicated dental diseases, which are more expensive in the long run. Even so, statistics from the ADA show that nearly 100 million Americans do not visit their dentists annually. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) estimates that 32.7% of adults had untreated dental caries, while 42% suffered from periodontitis.
You may wonder when you need to see your Long Beach dentist? Preventive care is the best way to avoid dental issues, and it is quite common to visit your dentist once or twice a year for a regular exam to identify any problems early on. If you do have a history of dental disease, or have fillings, crowns, implants, and dentures, a visit every 3-4 months is recommended. Dr. Joseph DuRoss, the dentist in Long Beach, CA, covers periodic checkups and cleanings along with active diagnosis and treatment.
Here are some situations when you should see your Long Beach Dentist
- Tooth pain
- Tooth sensitivity when exposed to hot or cold
- Gums that are swollen or bleed while brushing or flossing
- Persistent bad breath or a bad taste in your mouth
- Pain or swelling in your jaw, mouth, face, or neck
- Difficulty chewing
- A sore or ulcer in the mouth that is not healing
- If you feel like your smile is crooked or your teeth aren't aligned
- Medical issues like diabetes, treatment with chemotherapy radiation, hormone replacement therapies, eating disorders, or HIV status, have a large impact on your oral health as well. That is why you should inform your dentist about any changes in your physical health.
Make sure you book an appointment online when you want to see your Long Beach, CA, dentist, Dr. Joseph DuRoss, online, or call us at (562) 424-8537, to keep those smiles shining bright!