Dark stains, gaps, overlapping teeth, chips...they all might make you hesitant to smile or laugh. What can you do to rejuvenate your teeth? Just ask Dr. Joseph DuRoss, your Long Beach, CA cosmetic dentist. He can show you the ways to transform those flaws into a fabulous smile!
Your best smile
Achieving this will be a collaborative effort between you and your dentist. When you come to our Long Beach for a cosmetic dentistry consultation with Dr. DuRoss, you'll discuss issues such as:
- Tooth alignment
- Dental stains
- Acquired defects such as cracks
- Odd tooth shape and size
- Obvious metal fillings
- Missing teeth
Then, depending on your preferences, health needs, budget, and other factors, you and Dr. DuRoss will agree upon a treatment plan. You may execute it all at once or progressively with one service at a time. It's up to you!
What Dr. DuRoss offers
- Composite resin bonding: Termed "an additive process" by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, this treatment adds tooth-colored resin to small flaws such as narrow gaps and small chips. Durable and seamless, composite resin lasts for years and is an economical alternative to more expensive treatments such as crowns and veneers.
- Orthodontics: A well-aligned smile is both healthy and attractive.
- Dental implants: These artificial teeth fill smile gaps, improve jaw bone density and mimic natural oral function. Patients report that their implants look and act like real teeth.
- White fillings and crowns: These restorations shore up decayed or damaged teeth with composite resin (fillings) or realistic porcelain, extending the life and usefulness of selected teeth.
- Porcelain veneers: These thin tooth-shaped laminates cover the front of teeth that are marred by large chips, deep stains, or other obvious flaws. Realistic and durable, porcelain veneers are a permanent tooth enhancement that will illuminate your smile.
Are you ready for a change?
Investigate what cosmetic dentistry can do for you! Call Dr. Joseph DuRoss's Long Beach, CA office today for an individualized consultation: (562) 424-8537.
People with missing teeth often feel as though their smile is subpar and feel ashamed of the way they look. In addition, these people may find it difficult to eat, speak, or chew. Luckily, dentures can replace your missing teeth to ensure your mouth functions as it should, and you look and feel great about the way you look. Find out more about dentures with dentist, Dr. Joseph DuRoss in Long Beach, CA.
What are my denture options?
Dentures come in various styles which can help your smile in a number of situations. Your denture options include:
- Full denture: A full denture replaces all the teeth on an arch with one single restoration. The denture fits into the mouth and stays in place on top of the gum tissue.
- Partial denture: A partial denture incorporates any remaining natural teeth into its design, allowing the denture to fit over the teeth. The teeth act as an anchor to keep the denture in place and avoid issues like shifting thanks to the denture’s design.
- Immediate dentures: A dental laboratory creates immediate dentures before an extraction procedure. As the name implies, patients can wear the dentures immediately after their procedure. The denture even acts as a kind of band-aid while the extraction sites heal.
- Implant-supported denture: Dental implants are the gold standard of teeth replacement. Four or more implants throughout the arch can hold a permanent or removable overdenture securely in place.
Caring for Your Dentures
Dentures require some special care. However, these extra steps fit right into your daily oral care routine without disrupting it too much. Remove your denture and brush and floss your remaining natural teeth as you normally would. Use denture cleaner and a denture brush to carefully brush your denture, then place it into a cup of water or denture solution while you sleep. This prevents the denture from drying out or warping when not in use. If your denture is permanent, simply care for it as you would your natural teeth.
Dentures in Long Beach, CA
If you think you can benefit from dentures, you should talk with your dentist during a consultation or routine dental examination and cleaning. These visits provide you with the opportunity to address your concerns or ask questions about procedures you think may benefit you. Call your Long Beach dentist today at (562) 424-8537!
You want to keep a healthy smile. How often should you visit Dr. Joseph DuRoss, your dentist in Long Beach, CA? He and his dedicated team of professionals partner with you in maintaining good oral health. Read on to learn the whys, hows and how often of preventive dentistry.
The American Dental Association (ADA) promotes a simple rule: brush your teeth twice a day for two minutes, and floss around them daily. These oral hygiene habits eliminate bad breath, remove dental stains and reduce plaque and tartar. Because of their indwelling bacteria, plaque and tartar cause tooth decay and gum disease, both major causes of tooth loss. So regular at-home care is key to preventing oral health issues.
Both the ADA and Dr. DuRoss agree that most patients (toddlers through adults of senior age) should visit the dentist twice a year. A semi-annual hygienic cleaning removes the plaque and tartar that brushing alone cannot. The hygienist looks for any signs of gum disease, decay and oral cancer, and takes X-rays as scheduled.
Then, your Long Beach dentist performs his examination. Complete check-ups uncover signs of decay, gum disease and oral cancer early before they become complex and harder to treat.
Here are the assessments Dr. DuRoss performs with every six-month examination:
- A check for tooth decay and signs of gum disease
- An assessment of existing restorations such as crowns, fillings, dental implants and veneers
- A check of dental bite (how teeth come together) and jaw joint function
- Visual inspection of gums, tongue, lips, the back of the throat and more for signs of oral cancer
Dr. DuRoss will share his findings with you and explain what preventive, restorative and cosmetic care you need to have bright, healthy teeth and gums going forward.
A note on emergency care
If you or a loved one suffer a cracked tooth, throbbing toothache or other dental emergencies, call Dr. DuRoss right away for first aid advice and an appointment if necessary. Urgent dental matters are always a reason to see your family dentist.
Find out more
Benjamin Franklin said, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." Visiting Dr. DuRoss semi-annually (or as often as he advises) protects your smile for life. To arrange your regular cleaning and examination. please call the office at (562) 424-8537.
Do you need a dental crown? Dental crowns can correct different types of cosmetic dental issues including weakened, cracked, and badly decayed teeth. Dr. Joseph DuRoss in Long Beach, CA offers a full range of dental services, including crowns. Here's everything you've ever wanted to know about dental crowns.
Dental Crowns Overview
A dental crown is a protective covering that is placed over weakened or damaged teeth. Unlike removable appliances such as dentures, crowns are cemented onto teeth, and can only be removed by your Long Beach, CA, dentist. Crowns can be functional or cosmetic and require more than one trip to the dental office.
Types of Dental Crowns
Porcelain dental crowns create an exceedingly life-like end result. They're made from ceramic or porcelain, which is attractive to look at. These crowns are popular for their ability to blend with your natural tooth color. Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns provide a stronger bond than regular porcelain because they're connected to a metal structure.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns are used to restore teeth that are worn down or broken and prevent weak teeth from deteriorating. Dental crowns are also used to hide tooth discoloration and improve the appearance of teeth. Dental crowns are strong and will restore full function of your damaged teeth. Crowns can help you chew better. They can also improve your clarity of speech.
So, what are you waiting for? If you need a dental crown, call our dental office at 562-424-8537 today to schedule a dental consultation in Long Beach, CA. With dental crowns, you can have a smile that's both strong and beautiful.
Missing teeth can cause more than just aesthetic issues. Unfortunately, if left untreated, a single missing tooth can cause numerous side effects. Luckily, your dentist can replace your missing tooth to fill in your gaps and ensure that your smile is in its healthiest and most beautiful form with dental implants. Find out more about dental implants and what they can do for your teeth with Dr. Joseph DuRoss in Long Beach, CA.
What are dental implants?
Understanding dental implants is easiest if you understand the parts of a dental implant. The implant consists of three main components: the fixture, the abutment, and the prosthetic. The fixture is implanted directly into the jawbone under the missing tooth and remains there permanently. The bone grows around the fixture to lock it into place and replace the missing tooth’s root. The prosthetic replaces the tooth, fitting over the abutment, which connects the prosthetic to the fixture. Depending on the type of implant your dentist uses, the abutment may be fixed onto the fixture or a separate piece.
Am I a candidate for dental implants?
There are a few prerequisites for those considering dental implants. Good candidates should have a strong at-home oral care routine to keep their natural teeth and implants free from teeth decay and gum disease. The candidate should also have minimal bone atrophy in the area of the implant to ensure that the fixture can adequately integrate into the bone. Patients who do not have a good bone volume may require a bone grafting procedure prior to their implant procedure.
Dental Implants in Long Beach, CA
Dental implants can renew your smile and ensure that you look and feel great. If you think you can benefit from this powerful dental tool, you should consult with your dentist to ensure that implants are the best course of treatment for your missing teeth. For more information on dental implants or their benefits, please contact Dr. DuRoss in Long Beach, CA. Call (562) 424-8537 to schedule your appointment today!
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.